Quma is an antacid suspension which is used to neutralise excess acid in the stomach. It acts like a saline laxative. It is also highly effective in reducing colic and winds in small babies.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
- Children under 1 month: 2.5 ml (a half medicine measure) per dose.
- 1 to 6 months: 3.5 ml (three-quarter of a medicine measure) per dose.
- 6 months to 1 year: 5 ml (one medicine measure) per dose.
- 1 to 3 years: 7.5 ml (one and half medicine measures) per dose.
- 3 to 5 years: 10 ml (two medicine measures) per dose.
- Not more than three to four times per 24 hour period.
- Do not give this medicine to babies with a body mass of less than 2.5 kg.
EACH 5 ML CONTAINS:
Magnesium Hydroxide 106 mg
Sodium Benzoate (Pres) 0,1 % m/v
Not to be given to persons suffering from diarrhoea, abdominal pain, nausea or vomitting, unless directed by a doctor.If a sudden change of bowel habits is noticed, that persists over a period of 2 weeks, consult a doctor before using the medicine. Do not exceed the maximum recommended dose in any 24 hour period. This prepartion may interfere with the absorption of other medicine if taken concomitantly.
SIDE EFFECTS AND SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS:
When used as an antacid, the medicine may, in so0me patients, have a cathartic effect. The release of carbon dioxide may cause discomfort. With very large amounts, or in patients with impaired renal function, hyper-magnesaemia may develop, with the following symptoms: flushing of the skin, thirst, hypotension, drowsiness, confusion, loss of tendon reflexes, muscle weakness, respiratory depression, cardiac arrythmias, coma and cardiac arrest. This product may interfere with the absorption of other medicines if taken concomitantly.
Available in 100 ml